Hanse Hop – Levels
All intermediate/advanced Lindy Hoppers who have been dancing regularly for at least 2 years are welcome to register for HANSE HOP VIII.
There's no need to decide for a specific level during the registration. After an audition at the beginning of the workshop, the teachers will divide the participants into two classes.
Both classes will have 8 hours of classes, 4 hours with each trainer couple.
Due to the audition we cannot guarantee that you will be in the same level as the partner you registered with. Please kindly respect the teachers' judgement.
In case you don't know if you are actually intermediate/advanced enough, here are some general requirements:
- You've been gaining Lindy Hop experience in regular classes and social dancing for at least two years.
- You´ve attended at least 2 international workshops.
- You appreciate working hard on technical details and basics.
- You are eager for variations and any new moves that might evolve from your dancing.
- You have got a good connection to your partner and you are able to adapt to their leading/following technique.
- You are looking for up tempo Swing.
- You can easily identify the structure of Swing music and you are able to interpret it.
- You are able to reflect about your dancing.
- You can do some Jazz routines and steps.
- You learn new moves quickly.
- You feel ready to teach Lindy beginner classes.